DATE: Wednesday, March 24, 2021
TIME: 12:00pm – 2:00pm EST | 9:00am – 11:00am PST
WHERE: Event hosted on hopin
>> REGISTER NOW << (Pre-registration required)
Roads Leading To Asia
Hosted by: The ACCE Young Entrepreneur Group | VELOCITY…where game changing connections begin
For North American entrepreneurs, Asia holds enormous promise with fast-growing markets, rising middle classes, and tech-savvy populations. However, navigating business expansion challenges to unlock this promise is not so straightforward. That’s because, more than any other global region, Asia represents a grouping of culturally, economically, and commercially distinct countries.
Join us to help stake your growth potential claim in the Asian market with practical lessons from entrepreneurs who have leveraged support from diversified resources towards entering the region. Gain insight from those who were able to succeed where others have faltered and why. And dress up to live-network with the guest speakers and your peers.
- Discussion of risks and challenges often faced by start-up entrepreneurs.
- How and where should entrepreneurs look for funding?
- Learn from successful entrepreneurs who expanded into Asia.
- How Government help businesses expand in Asia?
MC: Jessie Ma, Legal Advisor of ACCE
12:00pm EST | 9:00am PST – PART I
Fireside Chat with
- Chris Bennett, Manager, International Trade, National Bank of Canada
- Hua Yu, Managing Partner, Level5 Strategy
(Moderator: Ben Hum, Chair of the ACCE Young Entrepreneurs Committee)
12:20pm EST | 9:20am PST – PART II
Emily Mo, Director, Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (Toronto) to share insight of:
- what top business sectors thrive in Hong Kong
- why the Hong Kong landscape is ideal for entrepreneurs
- the various HKSAR Government funding schemes to support HK and foreign SMEs
InvestHK will moderate an engaging fireside chat with successful North American entrepreneurs who have expanded their businesses into Asia via Hong Kong.
Learn practical tips and solutions from them:
Why did they start their business?
Where did they get funding to start and grow their businesses?
How did they find their first client?
What strategies did they use to generate revenue?
How did they resolve challenges?
- Education and Real Estate Innovator – Toby Chu, Chairman and CEO, CIBT Education Group Inc. (TSX: MBA, OTCQX: MBAIF) – Vancouver, BC
- Bespoked Lighting and Decor Manufacturer – Lindsay Lau, CEO, INLIGHT – Los Angeles, CA
( Moderator: Grace Lau, Deputy Head of Investment Promotion, Invest Hong Kong (Canada))
12:50pm EST | 9:50am PST – PART III
Canadian government counterparts to share how they can help businesses expand globally, eg. Hong Kong, Mainland China, and Asia
- Sue Rauth, Deputy Director, Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Kevin Sullivan, Senior Manager, Export Development of Canada
- Raymond Zhu, Senior Manager, Greater China, Trade and Industry Development Division, B.C. Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation
( Moderator: Ben Hum, Chair of the ACCE Young Entrepreneurs Committee)
1:10pm EST | 10:10am PST – 3 Breakout rooms
Hosted by: Government officials, InvestHK, National Bank of Canada
Networking between speakers, panelists, and attendees
1:30pm EST | 10:30am PST – One-on-One networking (optional)
2:00pm EST | 11:00 pm PST – Adjournment
>> REGISTER NOW <<
>> EVENT FLYER <<
Inquiry: 905-479-2802 or firstname.lastname@example.org