DATE: Thursday, February 04, 2021
TIME: 1:00pm – 3:30pm EST ; 10:00 am – 12:30pm PST
WHERE: Hosted on Zoom platform
REGISTRATION: Pre-registration required. Please RSVP HERE
Open to all Canadian businesses that are interested in the Korea market.
As the world’s 11th largest economy and the fourth largest in Asia, South Korea ranks among one of the exciting overseas markets for Canadian businesses with numerous and varied opportunities for export. Its 50 million strong domestic population is affluent, savvy and out to buy the best. As a consumer society with an internet usage rate of close to 92 percent among the population, it is no surprise that its e-commerce market size ranks 5th in the world ($120b). With the Canada-South Korea Free Trade Agreement (CKFTA) now in place, Canadian exporters have preferential access to one of the world’s largest economies and market opportunity.
KEY DISCUSSION TOPICS:
- Business opportunities for Canadians in the Korea market
- Successful strategies in doing business in S. Korea
- Cross-Border E-Commerce in S. Korea
- Funding & Resources for Canadian Exporters
1:00 PM WELCOMING REMARKS:
- Kevin Au-Yeung, President, ACCE
- Mayor Frank Scarpitti, City of Markham
- Hon. Mary Ng, Ministry of Small Business, Export Promotion and Trade (Invited)
- Tae-In Chung, Consul General, Republic of Korea
1:20 PM PANEL DISCUSSION:
- YoungHwa Jung, Director General, Korea Trade & Investment
- Sue Rauth, Deputy Director, Global Affairs Canada
- Patrice Guindon, Chief Representative Asia, Export Development Canada
- Kevin Au-Yeung, President, Nobis Inc.
- Don Romano, President & CEO, Hyundai Auto Canada Corp.
- Leo Park, Lead, Shopify Korea