Project Manager, Accounting
at GSL Group
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager in Accounting to support our CEO and leadership team on a diverse portfolio of upcoming projects and initiatives across the organization. In progress and planned projects include areas of artificial intelligence, application design, technology integration, real estate, hospitality and sports & entertainment.
This position will monitor the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected. If you are a high energy, intellectually curious and highly organized person with a passion for innovation, we’d love to hear from you!
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Works closely with key stakeholders and business leaders to define tasks and required resources; putting together project timeline, disseminating information, creating reports, working with external clients and vendors, providing suggestions etc.
- Facilitates and contributes to deliverables, ensuring ongoing projects are on track and any risks have been identified and followed up on
- Carries out necessary market research and data collection related to innovation and new ideas, concepts or projects that the executive team is exploring; prepares special project analyses and provides recommendations on a variety of different projects and proposals
- Assists with financial analysis and modelling for expansion projects
- Assists in budgeting for special projects; maintains project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Monitors and regularly reports on project updates and progress to CEO and Executive team
- Investigates project variances and submit variance reports to management; prepares reports for executive regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Confers with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings
- Closes out project accounts upon project completion
- Provides recommendations on construction software options to better manage budgets, changes and projections
- Creates and submits government reports and tax returns related to projects
- Compiles information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Help facilitate an annual audit check with each manager on leakage of funds and prepare action plans & follow ups
- Establish process with private banking for payments of CEO’s family and household expenses
- Assists with review and negotiates personal property tax assessments
- Create a personal budget for personal annual expenses and monitor compared to budget as well as ensuring no wastage and provide recommendations
- Ensure personal assets are adequately and efficiently insured
- Coordination, planning, preparation and filing of family tax returns
- University degree and/or combination of equivalent work experience & education
- Strong business acumen (background in Accounting a must)
- Proficiency in project management software tools
- Highly literate in the use of office technologies and Microsoft Office
- Previous experience supporting senior executives
- Previous Experience in Construction or Real Estate Accounting preferred
- Able to juggle multiple priorities with ease and engage others to accomplish results
- Thrives in a diverse, entrepreneurial environment and has a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Very professional and pragmatic with the ability to integrate effectively into many different types of work environments
- Highly innovative and enjoys exploring new solutions and technologies
- Very resourceful and proactive
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Very detail and process oriented, with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editing, numeracy and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build trust, credibility and relationships quickly
COMPENSATION: will be commensurate with experience.
JOB LOCATION: Vancouver (with occasional travel to Victoria & Kelowna)
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.